Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rebuilding the Past: 6040 Ninja Surprise



I wonder what the surprise is... That the robbers have taken over the cave? That the flying ninja is dropping from the sky? Or the axe cutting off the greedy gem thief's hand? Or that Lego did not go with their usual alliterative name for the set?

Anyhow, this was one first ninja set I picked up. It had everything: a ninja, a hanglider, bamboo pieces, a light grey axe and a trans-flourescent-yellow gem (I think this was the first color it came in other than red).

Not much to say about this set. I've covered most of the highlights. I'm still not sure what Lego was going for with this set. Is it a shrine? Is it a cave? It is a cave-shrine?

But since this is a short post, I'll do some padding and talk about another issue I have with the Ninja line: all the traps. But I'm not going to complain about the idea of traps, that's been done a lot. I'm going to complain about how they were executed in the Ninja line. Specifically, I don't like how all the pins that hold the traps in place are so prone to falling out. It is nearly impossible to move any of these sets without the pin falling out. I've got big pins, small pins, some as big as your head (oh wait, that last bit is about coconuts) laying all over my Ninja shelves.

Maybe that was the surprise: falling pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment